Monday, September 22, 2014

A whirlwind of wonderful


สวัสดีคะครอบครัวที่รัก! I love you all soooo much! 

So, this last week has been totally crazy and awesome!

Last Monday we got the moves call and Sister Bentley, as well as E. Quinn, moved. Sister Bentley is also training! So, since she is training we had to head out to Bangkok on Tuesday night to get there for the trainer’s meeting at 8:00 Wednesday morning. A little chaotic, but we made it! And, since we were in Bangkok we had time to go visit some of our old areas!! First we went to Srinakarin (where Sis. Bentley was born) and met with some of the members and recent converts. Then we went to Bangkapi!!! Best day ever! We stayed the night with the Bangkapi sisters, so we went over to the church and I was able to be there for Book of Mormon class and ward correlation meeting! I got to see so many of the people that I love. It was HEAVEN! Oh, I just love these people so much I can't even describe it. I was so so so happy! They are doing well! Sister Boat and a handful of others are preparing to go to the temple in July!

Thursday was transfers meeting. So much fun. Lots of people moving. Sister Bentley is training in Roi Et. I am now companions with Sister Ference. She just came from Saphan Sung training Sister Peck. She is absolutely amazing. I've only been with her for three days and I am already learning  so much. In Chiang Mai, Elder Sukhan and Luker both stayed. Elder Omer's new companion is Elder Thanawat (he's from BangBuaThong). And Elder Klein is training Elder Paxton here. Elder Paxton is so full of enthusiasm and is so excited to work! This is just an amazing district and I love everyone so much. I am so blessed and excited to be working with these people.

After transfer meeting we had a few other meetings for missionaries and leaders. Lots of good counsel about not relaxing on our purpose, which is to baptize, but also really trying to work through the members better, etc... it was great! After that everyone went to Que Pasa. Yummy.

It was district conference so all of the branches came for Saturday and Sunday meetings. That includes Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Lampang, Pitsonulog, and Gamphengphet.  So much fun! So, we had all the sisters stay with us. There have been a few switches: in Chiang Rai our sisters are Sister Barber with Sister Sawangwong (!!!), and in Lampang is Sister Maughn with Sister Pavadee! They are all so amazing. It has been so fun spending time with them over the last couple days. And, all the elders are here, too. President Senior gave us permission to have a zone P-day and let everyone stay through Monday! So, the whole zone is still here. We're going to probably go up to some waterfall.

Anyway, the conference was so good. The theme was on self-reliance, both spiritually and temporally. I really got a lot out of it and felt the Spirit. And yes, we got to sing in the choir, too. Way fun! This last week has been a whirlwind, and I can't even remember everything that happened!

But, Brother Md. did not get baptized. I think he needs a little more time. He's good, but just might take a little longer. One of our investigators, Sp., is progressing well and will hopefully be baptized on Sunday! We also had some miraculous new investigators come to church on Sunday! We are being so blessed here and I am just so happy.

I am just blown away by the faith and dedication of the members in our district, as well as everywhere in Thailand. These Saints are so committed and are great examples to me. I love them so much and am learning so much from them all. It was such a boost to me to see all these amazing members come together this weekend and share their testimonies, experiences, etc... There is so much love among everyone and I just feel so honored to serve here.

This is going to be an AWESOME transfer! I love my companion so much! She is from Holladay, Utah and goes to the U.  She's just one transfer behind me and was born in Lampang, so she's happy to be back in the North. She is amazing at Thai and teaching. She's also just so adorable and loving. Love this girl!

So, I am so happy and excited for all that's coming up this transfer! 

Love,
Liz