Wednesday, June 5, 2013

singing for the prophet on my birthday



Hello Family!!!!

How are you all doing? Thank you so much for your pictures! How fun! You all look great! Wish I could go to the Farmer's Market. It is so crazy that it is already June! I can't believe how fast time is flying here! Less than a month! Wahoo!
Samuel, your picture with your friends made me laugh so hard... glad that sweater is getting some good use. So funny!
And Daniel, way to go on your orange belt! So awesome! Thank you so much for your awesome  picture book about the walrus eating kimchee!  I love it!
I sent you both letters yesterday, so you should be getting those soon.

Thank you so much for the package of yummy food, clothes and letters! The best! You can never understand how amazingly exciting it is to get a letter/package when you're a missionary. When the mail comes it is like Christmas x 10 and the whole zone cheers when someone receives a package!

Dad, thank you so much for your note. I think I've read it about fifty times since I got it! I think I wrote you a note back... did I? Dear Elder me and let me know if I responded. I'm pretty sure I did... My mind is all jumbled!
  
This week has been so great! I feel like we all are improving so much with the language and lessons are going great. I am finally to the point where I am getting antsy to get on that plane and head out. Up until now I've been happy being in the MTC because we have so much to learn. But I now am dying to get to Thailand! haha Less than a  month!!!!!!!!! TxxnTeen!!! (means excited)

This week Sis N and I taught some lessons that really encouraged us. We taught "Maag" on Monday and had planned on discussing Faith in Jesus Christ. However, from the get go he had questions about prayer and we taught a whole lesson on prayer without any specific preparation for that lesson. It felt so good to be able to just sit down and talk/teach/testify about prayer. Last week we had committed him to start reading the Book of Mormon and pray everyday to receive help, etc.. from God to help him through some trials. He was frustrated because he said he had been praying faithfully everyday, but God was not answering his prayers. He said that he had prayed for money and a Ferrari and had not received them! haha We had to explain that God gives us spiritual help, not monetary! haha so funny!

 This week Elder Black had a funny language mishap in his lesson with Saamad. He was teaching about the law of chastity and meant to ask how Saamad's girlfriend was feeling. The word "fan" means girlfriend, dreams, and teeth... just with different tones (basically). So, he first asked Saamad how his dreams were... Saamad was kind of confused, but then started explaining his dreams. Then Elder black asked how his teeth were. Saamad was really confused. Then he finally figured out how to say "girlfriend" correctly. haha

On Sunday I had an interview with President Lindaulgh in our branch presidency. He is good friends with Bishop Taylor! He's heading up to the Flathead next month! He said he was going to call Bishop Taylor and tell him that he knows me! so fun!

Big news! On my birthday, I will be singing in the missionary choir at the Marriot Center at the Y for the twelve apostles and the prophet. It will be broadcast world wide!!! Look it up and see what time it's at and watch it!!  You may be able to see me!!! The choir has over 1000 missionaries, but there's a chance! Also, if you happen to see what the occasion is exactly, could you let me know... they haven't told us yet! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Also, amazing: yesterday Elder Tad R. Callister came and spoke at devotional! I was so excited because I knew you'd be excited to hear about it!! He talked about how the Church is an exact blueprint of Christ's church when he lived upon the earth. He had a great visual graph thing and backed it all up with Bible scriptures. Soooo cool! I 'll send you the diagram!

Dad, I think you can definitely learn how to read Thai!!! haha It's super confusing but once you get it it is SO FUN!!! I love trying to read! Did you get my package with Korean books? Thought it might be kind of fun!

Oh, "Happy Kream" is like nutella... so funny
  
 Also, I was reading Moroni 7 yesterday. It is AWESOME! You should read it if you get a chance. I was studying to teach "Khaw" about faith and came upon this chapter. It has such a cool progression of how we should "lay hold upon all good things," and that we do that by having faith in Jesus Christ. If we have faith in Him, He will claim us as His own and be our advocate. If we have faith, we will also have hope because of His atonement, and so on! Such a great chapter!

I love you all so much! I miss you all!

Liz