Monday, February 17, 2014

Just singing on a bridge, what a wonderful feeling...


Well, this week was great in Bangkapi. It's our last full week together here. It's been an amazing time here and we've seen so many miracles. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to serve here. I feel like I'll probably stay one more transfer, but you never know!  

This week we had many interesting things happen. First of all, last week I contacted into a man on a bridge by Fashion Island. He literally came running up the stairs asking if he could be baptized. It was the craziest thing!

We also have a new investigator named jxnjxn. She's a referral from the Bankae elders. She grew up in a Chinese household here in Thailand and she teaches Chinese for a living. She's about 25  and is way cute. She's busy with testing this week, but we'll be able to finish up teaching her next week and then she'll be baptized on the 2nd of March.

On Sunday another man that we contacted showed up to church. His name is Dtam. He's Christian already, but he loved church. He was able to see the baptisms yesterday, and afterward we taught him. He accepted a baptismal date for this coming Sunday! 

Also, Chompu, Pat, and Opal are progressing well. They all have dates for this Sunday, so I'm praying it all pulls through. Really exciting!

Yesterday three of the elders' investigators were baptized! Also, Brother Somgiad was confirmed. Happy day! At baptisms, we missionaries are always asked to give a musical number, which we never end up having time to prepare beforehand. Every single time we'll literally be walking up to the stand and one of us will choose a song. This time it didn't go so well! haha One of the Elders chose "Improve the Shining Moments." The piano at the church has a setting to play hymns by itself and unfortunately it was set at warp speed. We completely slaughtered the song because none of us could read the words in Thai fast enough. Biggest fail of a musical number ever, but I think it provided some entertainment.

This week I had some fun experiences contacting on a bridge by a big mall. First, this Nigerian man came up to me and asked what I was talking about. I explained about baptism. He told me that he was too young to stop sinning at the moment, but maybe in the future. Then I met a Taiwanese lady who invited me to church. After that an Islamic man came up to me and said, "Trust me, when we don't meet in Heaven it will be because you didn't follow Allah!" A little later a guy from Cameroon asked if he could have my number. I gave him the general church number, and he said, "No! Your personal number. I like you!" Last of all this huge guy walked by with the craziest hairdo I've ever seen! He had shaved the sides of his head, but left the top long enough to put into a ponytail. Then he stuck this big plastic toy snake in it. I was so distracted I forgot to talk to him. haha Lots of fun contacting this week!

Also, President Senior has asked that we missionaries start a Book of Mormon class every week for our recent converts. We had our first one on Wednesday and it went well- the elders taught. We'll teach it this week.

So, those are the main events of this week! Thursday is transfers. I love serving here and I want to stay! I really hope I do because we have so many awesome investigators that are going to be baptized soon.

I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!!!

LOVE,
Liz :)